Duluth News Tribune, Duluth, Minn.
Jan. 2018 – Present
Local newspaper for Duluth, Minn.
- General assignments reporter that works nights and Saturdays
- Covers anything that needs follow-ups from earlier in the day or comes up on deadline
- Shoots videos and photographs to accompany articles on occasion
- Covers the Duluth School Board
- Posts stories online
- Edits photographs for online
- Schedules social media on weekends
Lake County News-Chronicle, Two Harbors, Minn.
June 2015 – Dec. 2017
Weekly newspaper for Lake County, Minn.
- Updated website and social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Created graphics for the newspaper and website
- Collaborated with marketing team on promotional opportunities for the newspaper
- Worked and partnered with local organizations on events, promotions and community outreach
- Took and edited videos and photographs for online and print
- Wrote news and feature stories
- Worked with the Duluth News Tribune editors on stories and photographs
- Copy edited stories and worked with freelancers on content
- Managed Lake County News-Chronicle office
- Collaborated with graphic artists on page layout and special sections
- Minnesota Newspaper Association Awards:
- 2015-2016 Awards
- Second & Third Place for Best Use of Video
- Third Place for Best Website
- 2016-2017 Awards
- First Place Press Photographer’s Portfolio (All weeklies)
- Second Place Photo Story
- Second Place Best Use of Multimedia
- Third Place Sports Photo
- Third Place General Excellence
- 2015-2016 Awards
- Radio interviews with local community radio
- Also worked as a reporter (Sept. 2014-June 2015)
The Mining Journal, Marquette, Mich.
March 2011 – Aug. 2014
Photo Editor & Senior Photographer
Daily newspaper for Marquette, Mich.
- Photographed a variety of high school, university and community sports as well as took photographs for articles and reporters
- Color corrected photographs using Photoshop and wrote and attached cutlines
- Maintained a photo archive, multiple back-ups and photo gallery
- Wrote articles and bi-weekly column and copy edited daily
- Managed and created schedule for part-time photographer
- Also held positions as the Ishpeming Bureau Reporter (Sept. 2012 – May 2013) and the part-time photographer (March 2011 – Sept. 2012)
The North Wind, Marquette, Mich.
Jan. 2010 – May 2012
Staff Writer & News Editor
Student newspaper for Northern Michigan University
- Wrote news stories, briefs, cutlines, and headlines
- Found and assigned stories, and taught writers journalism basics as well as copy edited
- Laid out news section using Adobe InDesign
- Took photographs for paper occasionally
Northern Michigan University, Marquette, Mich. 49855 Aug. 2012
Bachelor in English Writing
Minor in Journalism and Art and Design (Photography)